Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog #5

Podcast Collection

I really enjoyed reading the information about podcasts and am so happy it goes into as much detail as it does about podcast. I would recommend Dr. Strange to place this podcast first so future students will have a better idea what a podcast really is.

Curriki's blog

Eagles' Nest Radio

This podcast was so cute! All though you could not actually see the children's expressions you could tell they really enjoyed doing these radio shows or podcasts. It sounded like they were having fun and I believe they would remember the information they learned on there more than just reading a book.

Eagles' Nest Radio podcast

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom

This video was very insightful on different uses of podcasting. I liked how podcasts can help out when a child is sick and needs to take a test or just keep up with his work. Podcasting is a great technology to use to help your students and you do not have to worry about how you look. I plan on using podcast in my classroom (when I am a teacher), because I think it is great to get your students involved.

Joe Dale's video

2 comments:

  1. Alissa,

    I think it is a good idea to get people more familiar with podcasts because a lot of people actually have no idea what they are!

    I also loved the podcasts made by the younger children. They are so creative! I think podcasts for children are a great idea because they are working together, using their creativity, working on communication skills, and sharing their work with others. You can do so many different activities with podcasts.

    Podcasts are extremely effective the class. Like you said, if a student misses school, they can simply listen to the teacher's lecture on a podcast. They can also use this to review for an exam. Parents can even listen to see what their children are learning. I am excited to use podcasts in my classroom also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allisa, great post! I also thought the video concerning podcasts was very insightful. Using podcasts in the classroom is definitely a great way to keep students involved in the learning process. Furthermore, students will have the ability to keep up with lessons when they miss school for a legitimate reason. Likewise, I will use podcasts in my classroom if my school permits it.

    I enjoyed the Eagles Nest radio podcast was well. The good thing about a podcast is that these kids will always have this media available, forever!

    ReplyDelete