Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog #4

Don't teach your kids this stuff. Please?

Dr. McLeod is an Associate Professor and Coordinator that studies technology leadership in education. I think is great how he uses reverse psychology. Telling parents to not teach their children about the internet and all the bad reasons to keep them from it. Then at the end to say he is planning on teaching his children.

I believe children need to know about computers and the internet. It is their future so way should we want to hold them back. We shouldn't, but so many do, because they do not want to learn. I say lets all learn together and give our children the best opportunity they have.

Here is a link to Dr. McLeod's post.

The iSchool Initiative

I think it is great that a senior is thinking of a way to make a difference with our school system. I do not want to take away schools all together, but I do believe the iSchool is another technological device that will help students and teachers.

This young man has done his homework and explains so many reasons why the iSchool needs to be considered. I like the idea that not only students and teachers have access to it and the email, but parents do as well. I also like how the websites that can be visited will be limited to what is actually needed for school.

If you would like to see more about Travis's iSchool video. Please follow the link.

The Lost Generation



I enjoyed this video so much I uploaded it to my blog. It is less than 2 minutes and I highly recommend everyone to watch it. She starts by saying what statistics say about her generation and it is mostly negative. She then says that this needs to be "reversed" and reads the exact same thing she just read but backwards and it has a positive saying about her generation. As I said before...I highly recommend everyone to take a minute out of your day to watch this video.

Virtual Choir

Just like Jennifer Chambers' I thought this video was mazing! Especially when I found out none of the singers ever met. Everything was done online. I do not know how he did it because I have always thought you need to practice, but he used technology to make it happen.


Here is a link if you would like to see Eric Whitacre's virtual choir video.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alissa,
    I enjoyed your blog. I totally agree with you on the video we had to watch. I think that was very inspiring because my generation does not have high expectations. I want to be one of those people like that girl talks about that comes home to her family and lives the way I want and not by what everyone else says. I also loved the music part because I started out my college journey in Music. I have my associate degree in the arts. I loved reading your blog and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they practiced! But you can see what is possible when you put a jigsaw puzzle together!

    So you liked the iSchool idea! But dn't want schools to go away. In AA#2 next week you will get a chance to really thik about that!

    ReplyDelete