Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog #9

What I've Learned This Year by: Mr. McClung

I thought it was great to read how school was for this first year teacher. He brings light to so many topics. Since I am a future teacher I have added him to my symbaloo account so I can communicate with him when I need some advice. After reading his post I hope to remember things will not be that easy, things go wrong, you can not help everyone, and what the students think about you is the most important thing.

Here is a link to Mr. McClung's post.

2 comments:

  1. You could have written this without reading Mr.McClung's post. What does your reader think Mr. McClung said? There is not a single clue in your post.

    In addition, it is not what Mr. McClung did in his first year of teaching that is what we want you to do. Everybody's first year experiences will be different. Yes, his commentary will probably match yours to a certain extent, but yours will be different. What we want you to do is what Mr. McClung did in this post . His post is important because he engaged in an honest, thorough, public self reflection. That is what is important.

    I have made my comments about your post. What we want you to do is to reflect on what you have or have not done, own up to your mistakes, and know how to correct them. That is the essence of honest self reflection and lifelong learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't mean to be mean or anything but you didn't really tell anything about the post but that it was good. You did say things will not be that easy, things go wrong, you can not help everyone, and what the students think about you is the most important thing as a teacher. I agree with you when you said things will not be easy all the time, things go wrong, and that you might not be able to help everyone in the way that they would liked to be helped. But we as teachers have to use that likeness of the teacher in moderation, meaning knowing how to balance it. Next time just add a couple things from the post and you'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete