Friday, August 27, 2010

Blog #1


    My name is Alissa Logan. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is elementary education and I should be graduating in the spring of 2012. I chose USA for my college education, because my ex-husband would not allow me to take our children to the University of Alabama. I am a huge Bama fan! I also support and cheer for the South Alabama Jaguars.
    I am a military brat, but actually did not do a lot of moving. I was born here in Mobile, Alabama, moved to Puerto Rico when I was 5, and came back to Mobile when I turned 11. Living in Puerto Rico was great! I was able to see my family from my moms side that all live there. It was a great experience and I cannot wait to go back after I graduate in 2012.
    I have always loved working with children. I started babysitting at the age of 10 and then working at a daycare around 16, and now I have two kids of my own with another one due in a couple of weeks. I believe children are our future. They are all too often misunderstood or their thoughts are overlooked. We can learn a lot from children. I am not one of those fortunate people who can read something and remember some let alone most of the information that I just read. Therefore, I feel like I am a very understanding and compassionate person that has a lot of patience and works well with children. I also plan on trying different teaching methods to make sure all of my students understand and remember what they are being taught.
    Since I am a mother of almost three, going to school full-time, and working it is hard to do anything I enjoy doing, but I try to do things with my children anytime I get the opportunity. Luckily, my children are a lot like me and enjoy playing outside. I love being outside! It has been hard this summer since I am pregnant, but usually it is where I would rather be. This should not come as a surprise, but along with loving the outdoors, I also love sports. My son just started playing soccer this year. I cannot wait until he can play football and my daughter can be a cheerleader.

2 comments:

  1. And what would you really like to do if you could?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I would love to stay home and raise my children. That is not an option for me at this time, and anytime I think about doing something else with my life it always comes back to wanting to be a good role model and helping children out in anyway I can. I have always loved playing school with my friends and being the teacher. I even taught children's church at my church for a couple of years. I really cannot see myself doing anything else.

    ReplyDelete